Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Scrunchie Bag




I've had a gift card from Border's bookstore sitting around for six months. Seriously, my husband gave it to me for my birthday and I forgot all about it. Until Christmas of course! I put the book One Yard Wonders on my Christmas list. I figured a book with 101 projects for inspiration would be a good one to have around. So Christmas came and went and I didn't get the book as a gift! . . . in comes the gift card.

So what does one do with a new book?? Read it of course. And then of course I HAD to make something right away!! Here's the dilemma with the book though. It says "one yard wonders" but really it's "one yard plus interfacing and trim and D rings and stuff." Yeah, don't have all that on hand. So I improvised and made my very own version of the scrunchie bag. I'm not sure I love it but really I really had to try something from the book that very day!!







1 comment:

  1. I think it's very cute & the fact that you improvised cause you didn't have all the supplies it called for is impressive. Isn't that half the fun of crafting sometimes anyways?! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think! I really do appreciate every comment and will do my best to respond to any question you may have!