Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Pint Sized Project - Halloween Wreath

DSC05341


So I put that cute little button over there. The one that says Craft With Your Kids. I need a reminder to do that. I'm pretty good about coming up with things and doing them with the kids but realized that it had been a while since we spent a whole week making all sorts of goodies. This time of year is a little tough since the weather is so nice that we prefer to play outdoor instead of crafting indoors. We made some time early this morning for this one though.

I actually had another wreath plan in my head. I wanted to make one like the one Blue Cricket Design  posted over at Kojo Designs. Unfortunately I had a floral foam wreath rather than an actual wreath form. So, we changed plans. This is how we did it!

1. Gathered our supplies. The foam wreath. Black Tissue Paper. Halloween Napkins. A couple of bamboo skewers. And fun fur yarn. We didn't actually use the fun fur but I thought we might!

DSC05337


2. Next I cut the napkins and tissue paper into squares. I ended up cutting the napkins smaller after I took the photo.

DSC05338


3. Next we put the not sharp end of the bamboo skewer in the middle of the paper or napkin and pressed it into the foam. Jojo who is two had sort of a hard time with this but Sweet Pea who is four did pretty well. I had to let go of making a pattern and such but that's the joy of crafting with kids right?? And somehow I did this with my kids but managed to not take a single picture of them!

DSC05339


4. Keep poking in squares of paper until the wreath is full. I may go back and fill this one in a bit more but we had to stop and get ready for school. IT was picture day!! I did a quick search through the fabric pile for something orange and came up with the button placket from an old shirt to use for a tie!

DSC05342






3 comments:

  1. Cute project! I can get most if not all of the supplies at the Dollar store so I could let both of my girls make one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love it. What a great idea!

    Thanks for sharing
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job! It's so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think! I really do appreciate every comment and will do my best to respond to any question you may have!