Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Fish Mix

DSC05197



So we all like Chex Mix right?? Well at least we do around here. And over the summer my kids were eating it like it was going out of style and we bought the giant bags at Costco. Mmm good stuff. Unfortunately I would always find stragglers at the bottom of the kids bowls. You know, the rye bagel chips, an over seasoned cereal, a random pretzel. So this is a not new recipe that I mixed up a bit to keep my kids happy. We call it fish mix. And I let them help. They like to sniff.


DSC05216


4 cups rice chex

4 cups corn chex

2 cups cheddar goldfish crackers

2 cups pretzel goldfish crackers

6 tablespoons butter

2 or 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (I like three)

1 tablespoon garlic powder

1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt

DSC05199



DSC05194

Mix cereals & crackers in a large bowl. Melt butter and mix with seasonings. Pour over cereals and crackers. If you want it done fast, put the bowl in the microwave for about six minutes, stirring every two minutes. If you have time, spread the mix on two cookie sheets and bake at 250 for one hour, stirring every fifteen minutes. Cool & eat.

DSC05198



DSC05217

UndertheTableandDreaming

1 comment:

  1. I really want to try this out! You take really nice photos. I need to brush up on my photography skills.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think! I really do appreciate every comment and will do my best to respond to any question you may have!