Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Love Banner

Like most craft bloggers, I have been crafty for a lot longer than I have been a crafty blogger. IT seems blogging about crafts comes from a need to find a place to document all the cool stuff you are doing! This "LOVE" banner is one of those "before I had a blog" projects. There is no tutorial or cool step by step photos. Just the finished projects which took a little wear and tear being shuffled around the basement in the "non valentine" season.

DSC07087


DSC07090

someone is not feeling the love in this photo!

DSC07096



I was inspired WAY back last year by this snow banner at Mod Podge Rocks. I didn't quite have all the supplies so I improvised a bit.

1. I used paper from a scrapbook kit that was already cut in those big heart shapes.
2. I modpodged my paper to some lovely corrugated plastic
3. I cut out letters from scrapbook paper and modpodged them to the hearts
4. I made the little paper rosettes and glued them on with hot glue
5. I brushed on a little silver paint.
6. I hammered a few holes in the corners of my hearts and strung a ribbon through to hang.


I'm not sure how long this baby will last but it was fun to pull it out and hang it up again this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think! I really do appreciate every comment and will do my best to respond to any question you may have!