Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Warhol Dress

Everyone needs a sundress for apple picking right?? Well they sure did here in Saint Louis last Thursday when it was 90 degrees!



I have been following Dana's blog MADE for quite some time now. It's one of the blogs that inspired me to sew clothes for my kids.  Seems she is always coming up with her own patterns and the CUTEST stuff for her kids. Who, from what she writes and the photos she posts, reminded me a whole lot of my own. A few months ago she shared the free pattern for the Warhol Dress and I added it to my list.  My only dilemma was that the pattern only goes to a size 3-4 and my girl is a size 5-6. I managed to print it and add a little extra length when cutting the pattern which worked just fine. Helped that I had this very strange old "grandma's basement" smelling polyester type knit fabric that needed to be used up. I wasn't sure how I'd like the grandma print but it works for me!

make it wear it

3 comments:

  1. The dress is adorable!! Great job making it fit. I've been having that same dilemma since my girls are bigger. Maybe I'll have to try it one of these days. And the print looks great from the pictures! I love that it is a busy print and the colors are great. It's hard to find good knit prints now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! That print doesn't look grandma-ish at all. Guess it all depends on how you use it, huh? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for letting me know what you think! I really do appreciate every comment and will do my best to respond to any question you may have!